Favicon is small icon displays in web browsers. It helps to create branding of website. If you visit popular websites such as Facebook, Google & Microsoft, web browsers will show you a small icon in tabs.
Online Favicon maker
Making a Favicon for Website is not a tough job. It’s very easy and simple. Web developer can make Favicon either using software such as Photoshop which is expensive or online which is 100% Free.
If you are in favour of FREE, let’s Make 100% Free Favicon online:
- Step: Visit xiconeditor.com
- Step: Click on Import
- Step: Click on Upload
- Step: Choose Picture
- Step: Crop Image and click OK,
- Step: Select size for your favicon from 64×64, 32×32, 24×24 and 16×16
- Step: Click on Preview
- Step: If everything is fine in Preview, click on Export
- Favicon will download instantly.
Add Favicon in Website
To add favicon in your html5 website follow this below steps:
- Step: Copy previously downloaded favicon in your web site root folder
- Step: Open html5 page with editor such as Notepad++
- Step: Inside html5 <head> tag, add this below line
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"/>
- Step: Save File.