WordPress 4.6 Beta 4 is now available!
This software is still in development, so wordpress community don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.6, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
For more information on what’s new in 4.6, check out the Beta 1, Beta 2, and Beta 3 blog posts, along with in-depth field guides. This is the final planned beta of WordPress 4.6, with a release candidate scheduled for next week.
WordPress 4.6 Beta 4 Fixes include:
- Media: alt attributes are now always added to images inserted from URLs (#36735).
- Object subtype handling has been removed from register_meta(). Details about this change are explained in a post for developers.
- Resource hints are now limited to enqueued assets.
- A regression with query alterations introduced by the new WP_Term_Query has been fixed
- The Ajax searches for installed and new plugins have been enhanced to fix several accessibility issues and to improve compatibility with older browsers.
- The media player MediaElement.js has been updated to 2.22.0 to fix YouTube video
- The Import screen was overhauled, improving accessibility and making it much easier to install and run an importer
- Emoji support has been updated to include all of the latest Unicode 9 emoji characters
- Various bug fixes. WordPress Community made more than 60 changes during the last week.