WordPress database plays a vital role to store and display the contents of your website. Whatever articles you published to your website, everything goes to database and then release the content when users make a request to show them.
By chance if your database get corrupted, wordpress have nothing to do to fix your database. Because wordpress is only a software and it can only request to database to display contents of your site.So to be in safe side, it is a wise decision to keep your database backup at least twice in a week in safe place for future help.
To take database backup you can use some useful plugins from wordpress directory. But to make your hand nasty, in this article I am going to show on how to take WordPress Database backup without Plugin.
- Login to your hosting account,
- From control panel, open phpMyAdmin
- It will open phpMyAdmin window,
- Click on Export
- From Export, select all database table, file type SQL, Save as Zipped and click on GO,
- Your Database downloading will start within minute.Keep this file in safe place so that you can use in future to troubleshoot wordpress problems.